- Clamps and Brackets
- Chassis and Enclosures
- Deep Drawn Parts
- Commonly used in the Automotive, Appliance and Furniture industries, among many more.
Common Sheet Alloys:
- C1008, composition includes 010% carbon and 0.40% manganese.
- C1010, composition includes 0.080% to 0.13% carbon and 0.60% manganese.
- Most commonly supplied in annealed condition.
- May be purchased in 1/4 hard and 1/2 hard condition by work hardening at the mill.
Characteristics and Other Things to Know:
- Easy to form and weld.
- May be heat treated (case hardened, carburized) after forming for added strength and surface hardness.
- Requires surface treatment for corrosion resistance.