1 of 4 companies in The Incodema Group of Companies, NewCut is the industry leader in Photo Chemical Machining
Why Photo Chemical Machining?
Photo Chemical Machining is the ideal manufacturing solution for a wide variety of parts with complex geometries, such as encoders, screens or filters. Exceptional quality and cost effective
- Parts are burr free and due to the nature of the process, perfectly clean and free of contaminants.
- A single internal cutout to tens of thousands of internal cutouts can be etched for the same piece price.
- Features can be half-etched or partial-etched (etching partway through the metal) to create bend lines for manual forming, part marking or other features.
Chem Etch Basics
- Standard sheet sizes, 12" x 24" to 18" x 24" (smaller sheet sizes are also possible)
- Maximum sheet size, 36" x 59"
- Standard tolerance is 10% of material thickness - better tolerance is possible at additional cost.
- Smallest hole diameter must be 110% of material thickness - smaller is possible at additional cost.
- Minimum inside radius must be 100% of material thickness; Minimum outside radius must be 75%.
- Space between cutouts must be 100% of material thickness.
- Optimum thickness range is 0.002" to 0.030". <0.002" is possible at additional cost.